Understanding Pipe Freezing and its benefits
Cryogenic pipe freezing services is a method by which pressure-resistant plugs are formed by freezing the contents, using an externally applied coolant in liquid-filled pipes. One of the most secure and cost-effective method for temporary pipe isolation is pipe freezing (cryogenics). It is also a very effective method for allowing valve replacement and general pipework modifications. Throughout this blog, we detail the various benefits of pipe freezing while also sharing examples of Wellube’s projects where the client benefitted from choosing pipe freezing. Pipe freezing services can be performed on a variety of pipe materials like:
- Carbon steel
- Aluminium alloys
- Stainless steel
- Nickel alloys
- Copper based alloys.
- Convenient for the client, as it does not require massive draining of fluid
- Flexibility as there is no need to shut down the system
- Saves time as it eliminates the need for draining down systems and venting procedures.
- Reduces cost as it minimizes the labor required.
- Quick and efficient as after the job is completed, there is no need to refill fluid or purge the air.
- Transmission pipelines
- Power generation
- Fire protection systems
- Hotels and apartment complexes
- Office buildings
- Hospitals and institutions
- Malls and shopping centers