Demystifying Insertion Valve Technology for Water Lines
Installing valve technology for water lines has been extremely simplified with on-line valve insertion systems, several studies have hinted that there is a lack of awareness about this technology and hence many water industry professionals are hesitant to consider them for their projects.
In this blog, we simplify the technique and provide useful details which will help you choose On-line Valve technology and water lines insertion for your next project.
Where are Insertion Valve Technology Used?
Insertion valves can be used in a range of industries such as water and wastewater utilities, onshore, petrochemical & refinery, pipeline & distribution, and tanks & terminals. The Valve Technology for Water Lines also serve a range of specific applications such as fire hydrants, valve exercising and the addition of control points, details are as follows:
- Mechanical Contractors: who are responsible for the heating or cooling of systems, refrigeration, piping, HVAC, and plumbing of a building regularly need to install valves on in-situ water lines. These valves need to be installed without shutting off the water lines.
- Fire Hydrants: in many cases, repairs to fire hydrants are postponed as shutting off their water supply would lead to businesses and homes losing their water supply. Hence there is a need to ensure hydrants are operational, while not disrupting communities.
- Industrial and Mechanical Solutions: refineries, process plants, and other industrial and mechanical operations require a constant supply of running water. If a break or leak occurs, operations must be halted many times. To avoid this, an insertion valve is crucial.
- Additional Control Points: many water networks are decades old and when originally created, were not designed to handle additions to the infrastructure. Insertion valves help create control points around their networks.
On-line Valve Insertion and its Working
Wellube offers on-line valve insertion in sizes ranging from 1.5” to 24”.
These Valve Technology for Water Lines are different from other insertion valves available in the market, as it includes an integrated isolation gate whereas others do not. This dramatically cuts down the time it takes to install the valve thereby limiting any disruptions.
The valve uses an integral isolation gate, which when operated after a slot has been milled across the pipe, allows the EM (end milling) machine to be removed and the resilient wedge installed. This process means the valve can be installed on a live line without needing to shut off the water.
Reasons to Choose On-line Valve Insertion for Your Water Mains
- Reliable and field-proven technology
- Quicker to install
- Simple designs, innovative and sustainable
- Can be installed at full pressure with no need to shut off the water supply
- Reduces costly downtime
If you are interested in Valve Technology for Water Lines solution and understand its advantages over conventionally available techniques, reach out to Wellube at email@example.com and our team will be able to assist you further.