Enhance your pipeline’s durability with Wellube’s Full and Partial Reinforcing Saddles
Saddles that are put around pipes or other vessels to add strength and support are referred to as reinforcing saddles. They are often utilised when high pressure, large loads, or outside forces that can result in stress or deformation are applied to the pipe or vessel.
The purpose of the reinforcing saddles is to uniformly distribute the weight and avoid placing an undue amount of stress on the pipe or vessel. They are often composed of sturdy, long-lasting materials like steel, and their configuration and shape are tailored to the precise specifications and needs of the application.
A pipe Saddle can support and elevate the pipe as an anchor. These parts can be employed as adjustable support modules by utilising unique configurations in various systems. When a welded tee or other connection is established with the pipe, the Reinforcing Saddle strengthens that part of the line. These saddles can be made using an extrusion method and are non-pressure retaining constructions.
Why is reinforcement necessary?
- The hole made when a welded tee connection is made on a pipeline run reduces the strength of the run segment. One of two methods must be used to make up for this loss of strength: by either choosing and using a pipe that has an extra wall thickness in the run portion and/or the branch section from the start, or if that is not possible, by adding more thickness to the newly formed connection. Installing a reinforcing saddle is one technique to achieve this extra thickness.
What do we mean by reinforcing saddles?
A reinforcing saddle is a non-pressure retaining structural component put over a welded tee connection to provide enough reinforcement for the joint. It is typically made using an extrusion method. Because reinforcing saddles are not intended to contain pressure, they have a “weep” hole to avoid pressure buildup between the saddle and the pressure-containing pipe. Reinforcing saddles are classified into two types: partial and full encirclement.
- Full Reinforcement Saddles:
Saddles with full encirclement are designed to suit the majority of requirements. Reinforcement via Encirclement Saddles with large or little branch outlets.
Full-Encirclement Saddles are available in a number of sizes and configurations and are made in accordance with ASME B31.3, B31.4, and B31.8 standards.
- Partial reinforcement saddles :
Specialized structural supports are carefully installed on selected portions of pipelines or vessels to reinforce and strengthen places that are prone to stress or higher load concentrations. These saddles provide targeted reinforcement to ensure the overall system’s integrity and lifespan.
- Injection and re-injection
- Crude oil gathering
- Gas application
- Highly corrosive gas piping
- Potable & Waste Water
- Offshore Pipeline Replacement Project
- Jet Fuel transfer
- Fire-Water & Salt Water piping
Call for professionals to reinforce saddle services
To help you handle any pipeline maintenance and repair situation, the Wellube range of full and partial encirclement reinforcing saddles are available in various diameters.
In addition to adhering to ASME B31.3, B31.4, and B31.8 standards, our reinforcing saddles also comply with other relevant design codes.
For branch sizes up to 48″ NPS, our fittings have extruded outlet tees; for greater diameters, they have fabricated branches. We can get rid of the weld between the header and branch, which can be challenging to verify radiographically by using the extrusion method.
Full encirclement saddles:
- Manufactured with the ability to vent, if necessary, to prevent trapped gas during welding and to ensure the pressure is not confined in the event of a leak.
- Obtainable in a variety of sizes.
- Includes categories 1 through 5 of the most widely used industry standards.
- Manufactured and delivered in accordance with your quality control requirements.
Wellube is a well-known service provider for Full and Partial Reinforcing Saddles. With our experience, we provide comprehensive saddle-reinforcing solutions that ensure structural integrity and longevity. Our dependable services and dedication to quality make us a credible solution for reinforcing saddle requirements. Submit your enquiry through the form to get a call from our pipeline integrity specialists.