A repair method that is used to reinforce structures using a fiber base impregnated with a resin system usually to
- Arrest existing corrosion
- Prevent further corrosion to proactively prevent leaks
- Reinstate the strength of the pipe/structure
These are usually engineered based on industry accepted standards as follows ISO 24817 and ASME PCC-2.
Why choose composite repairs?
To extend the service life of the asset
- No hot work permit
- Minimal on-site facilities
- Can be applied to any geometry of component (wet lay up systems)
- Light weight repairs adding minimal “dead weight” to already thin lines